Now starting a new recipe named – “Mushroom Fry Recipe” and I give step by step photos. Before starting it I want to share a tip with you, if you change the little ingredients in this recipe then you can make two different Mushroom Recipe with it. I mean you can make Mushroom Chilli Fry Recipe and normal Indian Style Mushroom Fry Recipe. Did you remember Chilli Prawn Fry/Prawn Chilli Fry Recipe? Actually, this is the substitute for that, just you have to replace the Prawn with Mushroom and you can easily make it.
This is especially favorable for children and also very much taste. I think you fear to hear the sound “chili”, but you can use a low amount of chilies to make it. I recommended using 2 or 3 pcs of chilies. If you are very busy in your life schedule and don’t make time to cook various types of dishes, you can easily try to make Mushroom Chilli Fry or Mushroom Fry for breakfast and dinners also. It will be best to serve with pav or bread, but if you want then roti is also preferable. [I recommended Brown Bread because White Bread is the cause of many health-related issues, so Brown Bread is good for health.]
So now I am talking about Mushroom Chilli Fry recipe, in another article, I will discuss Mushroom Fry. Let’s begin…
Making the Mushroom Fry Recipe [Step by step]:
First, you have to wash the Mushroom. So take a bowl and wash the mushrooms (I prefer button mushrooms) gently about 2 or three times and drain the water from it. [Keep 200-250 grams Mushroom]
Now chopped all the mushrooms with the help of a sharp knife and put them aside in a plate.
Sliced the onions thinly and cut the green chilies horizontally. Also, chop the coriander leaves. Shortly said just keep all ingredients ready before starting the making of Mushroom Chilli Fry. Make all vegetables ready.
Now make ready all the spice and place at the side of the oven.
Put a pan on top oven and heat with 2 tbsp oil on high flame (it’s necessary to bring taste like a restaurant).
Add the sliced onions and keep frying till it looks light brown.
This onions frying process can take a long time to complete so you can take a shortcut. Just add 1 or 2 pinch of salt with it, and you can see that the onions are fry quickly. (Actually salt helps the vegetables fry quickly.)
Keep in mind, don’t make the onion fry crisp or deep brown [N.B: Don’t deep fry the onions].
Now add the green chilies and fry for ½ minutes to 1 minute.
Then mix the onion and chilies, but keep remember to its color.
Add the chopped mushrooms and stir well.
Wait for one or two minutes and continue cooking.
Then add turmeric powder(1/4 tbsp), cumin powder(1/2 tbsp), red chili powder(1 or 2 pinches), black pepper powder(1/4 tbsp), and salt as per your taste.
Mix them gently and stir 1 or 2 minutes.
Keep the cooking in low flame and notice the mushrooms will shrink in size as long you cook and release water.
So continue to cook mushroom till the water make vapor and mushroom turn light brownish.
Then add 2 tbsp chopped coriander leaves and stir it for a minute.
After that add Garam-masala powder and again sauté a ½ minute. Now your Mushroom Chilli Fry is ready to serve.
Sometimes people need a saucy and gravy version. So I have a few simple tips to make this recipe like that.
- When you are frying the mushrooms and the color becomes golden brown, that time add a few more green chilli slit and also you can add red chilli.
- Then 2 tbsp of tomato sauce, 2 tbsp of soy sauce along with 2 tbsp of chilli sauce. In this stage your chilli mushroom dry is ready. You need to just add 1 tbs of cornflour water to complete. For the gravy version follow the next steps.
- After that add sufficient water to make gravy. Add 2-3 tbsp of corn flour water to give a saucy feeling to that gravy.
- At the end add a few drops of vinegar and complete the dish.
Easy Mushroom Recipes Dry | Mushroom Fry Recipe
- Non-Stick Frying Pan
- Big Bowl
- Chopping Tray
- 250 grams Mushrooms
- 2 tbsp Oil
- 1 piece Onion large (chopped)
- 2 pieces Green Chili
- 2 tbsp Ginger-garlic paste
- 2 piece Capsicum cubed (optional)
- 2 tbsp Spring onion chopped (optional)
- ½ tbsp Cumin powder
- ¼ tbsp Turmeric Powder
- ¼ tbsp Black Pepper powder
- ⅓ tbsp Red chili powder
- ½ tbsp Garam Masala powder (Hot Spice Powder)
- ½ tbsp Cornflour (optional)
- 2 tbsp Coriander leaves finely chopped
- Salt as per taste
Cut the vegetables
- Wash the mushrooms and chopped them carefully.
- Thinly sliced the onions.
- Cut the green chilies Horizontally.
- Chopped the coriander leaves nicely.
Prepare Mushroom Fry
- Put the pan on top of the oven and heat oil in it.
- After the oil is heated enough, put the chopped onion and fry till it colored light golden. It is good if you fry it in medium flame but it takes longer if you want to make it faster then add some salt with it. (Salt helps the vegetable cook faster.)
- Now add the green chilies with it and stir till half a minute. I prefer to add 2 or 3 pieces if you add more then it makes chili mushroom dry masala.
- Then add the mushroom which you have chopped before all and stir fry gently.
- Don’t forget to add salt and chili powder as per your taste requirement with it and sauté it well.
- You can notice as long as the time is spent, mushrooms are shrinking in size.
- Fry it well as long the mushroom becomes lightly golden.
- Now add chopped coriander leaves and cook for less than one minute. After complete, all spark the Garam-masala on it and stir for a ½ minute, and now your Mushroom Chilli Fry is ready to serve.
- This recipe has capsicum and spring onions completely optional. So I don’t use it but you can use it if you want.
- Cornflour is used to create a thick feeling in this recipe. It is also an optional part. If you want to use just take a bowl and mix cornstarch with some water. Then add it to the gravy.
[For extra taste you can add lemon juice and curry leaves also to make it a restaurant-style dish. There is also an option to add more black pepper then this dish will be named Mushroom Pepper Fry, and you can increase the masala if you like that. You can check our website for the more easy mushroom recipe.]
This full recipe is also a part of the Mushroom dry recipes list.
I like this with Fried rice, Bread, or pav, but you can also serve mushroom chili fry with roti or paratha. Also, you can use this recipe as a side dish with other foods in dinner or breakfast. So don’t forget to comment below which one is your favorite.
- Pad Thai Recipe | Easy Homemade Pad Thai Recipe
- Chili Chicken Recipe
- Mediterranean Avocado Salmon Salad
- Recipe: Zucchini Noodle Salad
- Lemon Yogurt Chicken Recipe
- Cucumber Caprese Salad
- Garlicky Roasted Broccoli
1 thought on “Chilli Mushroom Fry Recipe | Easy Mushroom Recipe Dry”