Being a mom is fulfilling but also busy as you have to ensure that your kids have their meals and snacks on time. And do the household chores. As such, it’s best to have a list of easy and delicious meals you can make in an instant or ones that can be refrigerated, such that you only need to pop them in the microwave, and voila! Lunch is ready.
We’ve researched and found six delicious and easy meals to make for toddlers for every busy mom out there.
Mac and Cheese
This is probably the most common meal for busy moms, and kids love it. And the fact that it is easy to make and does not take up much time makes it the go-to meal for busy mothers.
You can make your mac and cheese extra creamy by adding a dollop of Greek yogurt. Your kids will also benefit from the added protein. You can also throw in some veggies like peas, carrots, and broccoli for a healthy and balanced meal.
If you want more protein, add pieces of bacon to the meal. We all know kids are not fans of veggies, so before adding any to your mac and cheese, ensure it’s their favorite.
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Shredded carrots
- Frozen peas
- Greek yogurt
- Place your macaroni in a pot of water and boil as instructed in the package, preferably for eight minutes.
- Drain and set aside.
- Put butter in a pot and melt it under medium heat, then add flour and whisk it till it forms a runny mixture.
- Add milk and continue stirring until it starts to thicken.
- Add the Greek yogurt and continue stirring until you have a smooth mixture, then add in cheese and continue stirring until it’s all melted.
- Remove from the cooker and pour in your drained macaroni, and stir.
- Then add your peas; if they are frozen, place them back on low heat.
- Serve warm.
Caution: If your toddler is below 12 months, you should avoid making food using dairy milk. This is because the use of dairy products is discouraged for kids below one year. You should check the toddler formula review for more information on which milk is acceptable.
Mini Pizza Bagels
These are pretty easy to put together; the best part is you probably already have all the ingredients at home. And you have the chance to use your kid’s favorite toppings. It’s also a great chance to expose your toddler to new food. It is best served with a side of fruits and vegetables, such as kiwi, strawberries, and cucumber.
- Toppings (your child’s favorite)
- Pizza sauce
- Preheat your oven.
- Slice the bagels and toast them. This helps prevent them from getting soggy.
- Spread a dollop of pizza sauce on your bagel.
- Add shredded cheese, then your toppings, sliced olives, and spinach.
- Place your pizza in the oven and cook for about four minutes. The cheese will be warm and will appear bubbly.
Creamy Tomato and Mozzarella Quinoa Risotto
Kids love creamy and delicious food. Why don’t you indulge your kids with this yummy and healthy risotto recipe? The best part is you can make a huge batch and refrigerate some to feed your kids during the week. You can also use the leftovers for dinner with your family.
The rice and quinoa provide the kids with much-needed nutrients and protein. If your kids love to feed themselves, the sticky texture of the meal makes it so that they can grab it with their tiny hands and eat.
- Sundried tomato paste
- Parmesan cheese
- Frozen peas
- Risotto rice
- Italian herbs
- Saute the garlic in a cooking pan for a few minutes until it becomes fragrant.
- Add the herbs, risotto rice, and quinoa to the pan and continue stirring for a few minutes.
- Add the sundried tomato paste and a little water to your mixture in the pan.
- Continue stirring until the water is absorbed. Then add water until the rice and the quinoa are cooked. The sauce should also appear thick.
- Add frozen peas and stir until you notice they are defrosted.
- Add the mozzarella and mascarpone and cover.
- Garnish your meal with basil.
When you cook for adults, many prefer to use vegetable stock, but since we are cooking for toddlers, it’s good to keep the sodium content at a minimum, which is why water is recommended. If you intend to use it for several days, use small silicone containers to freeze small portions.
The best thing about making eggs for your kids is that you can get creative and feed them a different kind of egg recipe every meal. A plus, they are all delicious.
This salad is loaded with protein, and kids love it. You can serve it with crackers or make an egg salad sandwich.
- Whole milk
- Greek yogurt
- Dried dill
- Boil the eggs, remove them from the heat, and set them aside to cool. Consider placing them in ice bags to cool faster for five minutes.
- Remove, peel the shell, and cut them into small pieces.
- Add Greek yogurt, milk, mustard, and dill, and stir until the mixture is well combined.
- Add a dash of salt to taste.
- Serve with crackers or make an egg salad sandwich.
Scrambled eggs are easy to make. You can choose to add cheese and nutmeg for a yummy taste and proteins.
Crack the eggs in a bowl and add shredded cheese. When cooking, you can whisk throughout the cooking process if your toddler is spoon-fed. However, if they can self-feed, consider cooking the eggs gently by folding the mixture with a spatula instead of whisking.
Deviled eggs are excellent for feeding your kids veggies and meat creatively. They are loaded with proteins and other nutrients essential for your child’s development and growth.
- Vegetable of choice
- Boil your eggs.
- After they have cooled, slice them in the middle and put the yolks into a bowl.
- It would be best to use sweet vegetables such as sweet potatoes.
- Mash the vegetables together with the yolk and Greek yogurt.
- Add salt to taste.
- Put the mixture in a piping bag and squeeze it into the space that the yolk occupied. Create an awesome design that will make your kids want to devour them.
These are great to carry, especially on road trips, because you only need to peel and sprinkle some salt.
This is a fun, healthy, and yummy meal to make for your kids.
You need pizza dough, cheese, bacon, and broccoli. It’s an easy meal; you need less than 30 minutes to prepare and cook it.
It’s a fun way to make your kids eat the dreaded vegetables and is ideal for lunch or supper.
- Preheat your oven.
- Precook your broccoli and then chop it into fine pieces.
- Take pizza dough and spread it on a chopping board.
- Spread Greek yogurt, then add your cut-up broccoli, shredded bacon, and cheese.
- Roll the dough, cut it into thin strips, and place them on a greased baking tray.
- Pop them into the oven for 12-15 minutes.
- Remove them and serve when cool.
These will tickle their taste buds if your kids love corn dogs. They are buttery, yummy, and above all, healthy. Besides, they can be used for snacks, lunches, or dinners.
- Sour cream
- Baking soda
- Hot dogs
- You’ll need a muffin baking tray.
- Preheat your oven.
- Cut your hot dog into four equal parts
- Mix all the dry ingredients in one mixing bowl.
- In another bowl, mix all the wet ingredients except butter.
- Make a hole in the middle of the dry ingredients and pour in your wet mixture. Then stir until they are well mixed.
- Melt your butter and add it into your mixture and continue stirring.
- Take your mixture and pour it into a piping bag, then pour into your muffin tray and remember to place your cut-up hot dogs in the middle of each section.
- Pop your tray in the oven, set it at 400 degrees, and cook for 12 minutes.
Motherhood can be overwhelming with looking after the kids and doing household chores. Mothers appreciate when help is extended to them; at least they can get some me time. And that’s where easy-to-make delicious toddler meal ideas come in.
Knowing you can make a batch of ravioli or mac and cheese and freeze it for use during the week is a relief. Or a simple egg salad that can be made in under 30 mins, allowing you to relax for a few hours.
If you like this article about toddler meals, please share this with your friends on Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest. Also, you can subscribe to my blog to get all the latest articles first on your mobile.
SHARING IS CARING!
Did you like this recipe and make it later at home? SAVE this pin to your favorite board on Pinterest!