If you are bored eating red sauce pasta, I would suggest you try this white sauce pasta. This white sauce pasta I made is slightly different from everyone else’s method, and I think it has a little more protein in it.
Of course, this white sauce paste is a little more decadent, creamy, and can be eaten by everyone from baby to old. As delicious as it is to eat, it is just as easy to make.
Today we will learn many new things while making this new style of pasta that may not have been known before.
Some Frequently Asked Questions
What kind of pasta should you use?
“Penne Rigate.” It may sound strange, but it is the proper pronunciation. This pasta is available in the market with a little searching. You will notice that the pasta that looks like a little long pipe has long stripes on it. Those kinds of pasta are called “Penne Rigate Pasta.”
Why is Maida mixed with butter before adding milk during white sauce preparation for pasta?
Usually, none of us eat raw flour, and if the smell of that raw flour is present in this pasta, the fun of eating pasta will turn to dust even if it is delicious.
That is why when preparing the white sauce for pasta, before adding milk, the flour is well mixed with butter and well sauteed, as well as it helps to develop gluten. However, if you want to go gluten-free, try my recipe above.
Can we keep white sauce pasta in the fridge for two days?
Yes, it can be stored in the fridge for two days, but some rules for it that if you do not follow the paste are likely to be spoiled.
Once the pasta is ready, first separate the pasta you want to store in the fridge and let it cool completely (room temperature). Then keep it in the fridge in an air-tight container.
When serving again, take the container out of the fridge, and let the pasta back to the average temperature. Then heat it lightly in a frying pan and serve immediately.
Is it safe if we make white sauce pasta with garlic and milk together?
Why not? We can make white sauce pasta with milk and garlic. The taste is extraordinary, and I did not feel anything wrong. Also, we will get various kinds of vitamins, calcium from these.
How to make White Sauce Pasta with Step by Step Image
Before starting the cooking process, we need to complete all the vegetables chopping part.
At first, cut capsicum and onion into dices. Please keep them in separate bowls.
Now take the required amount of garlic and chopped them finely. Also, chop the green chillies and keep them in separate containers.
Arrange all the dry spices you need to make this recipe, like – bay leaves, black peppers, clove, oregano, chilli flakes, sugar, salt Etc.
Boiling the pasta sticks:
To make an authentic style of pasta, we should have to use penne rigate pasta. If you don’t know what is this, check the FAQ section of this article.
So, take a large saucepan and heat with 1 litre of regular water.
Also, add 2-3 tbsp of salt along with 2 tbsp of refined oil into it.
When the water turns to boil, add pasta sticks and wait for the al-dente stage. (Check out the FAQ)
Strain the pasta from water and keep it in another bowl.
Making the White Sauce Pasta
Heat a wok with 1 tbsp of refined oil along with 10 grams of butter. I used Amul herds butter to add some extra flavour (it’s optional).
When the butter will melt, add bay leaves, black pepper and cloves. Keep the heat high and wait a few seconds to temper the spices.
Now add chopped garlic along with chopped green chillies. Fry them for a few seconds, and you will get a pleasant aroma.
Add diced capsicums, carrots, and onions into the wok for fry and saute them well for few seconds. Keep remembering to put the heat into very high. This high flame gives your dish extraordinary and smokey feelings.
Also, you can add salt and black pepper powder at this stage.
Now, this is a case sensitive part. Decrease the heat to medium, and after that, add milk into the wok.
Also, add oregano and chilli flakes as per the measured amount. You can add processed cheese at this timer, or you can add this later.
Mix everything well and gradually increase the heat.
When the milk starts bubbling, add sugar according to your taste and 2-3 tbsp of fresh cream to increase the richness.
Keep the cooking until the cheese melted.
Then add boiled pasta into the wok and mix everything well.
Now you can see the white gravy is very light and watery. But we need to give it a saucy feeling. So we use cornflour and water mixture to make this gravy thicker.
So, take 2 tsp of cornstarch along with 2 tbsp of water and make a smooth mixture. Then pour this mixture into the gravy.
After that, you can see the gravy become a white sauce. That’s it.
Add 2-3 crushed, fresh basil leaves to give it an authentic Italian flavour and mix a while, and immediately serve this pasta.
White Sauce Pasta
- Sauce Pan
- 100 grams Pasta Penne Rigate
For Boil Pasta
- 2 tbsp Salt
- 1 liter Water
- 2 tbsp Vegetable Oil
For Making Pasta
- 1 tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 10 grams Butter or (Amul Herbs Butter)
- 2 nos. Bay Leaf
- 4 nos. Black Pepper
- 2 nos. Cloves
- 2 nos. Green Chilli chopped
- 1 tsp Garlic chopped
- 1 nos. Onion diced or wedges (medium)
- ½ nos. Capsicum diced or cubed
- 1 tbsp Carrot small diced
- ½ tsp Salt
- ⅓ tsp Black Pepper powder
- 350 ml Milk (room temperature)
- ½ tsp Oregano
- ⅓ tsp Chilli Flakes
- 20 grams Processed Cheese
- 1 tbsp Sugar
- 2 tbsp Fresh Cream
- 2 tsp Cornflour
- 2 tbsp Water
- 3 nos. Basil Leave crushed
- Heat a large saucepan with 1 litre of water.
- Add 2 tbsp of salt along with 2 tbsp of vegetable oil.
- Let the water comes to a boil.
- Then add penne rigate pasta into that boiling water and cook for about 8 to 10 minutes. (Till pasta's become Al dente)
- After that, strain the pasta from the hot water and keep it aside.
- Now you should proceed to the next.
- Heat a wok on high flame with 1 tbsp of vegetable oil.
- Add 10 grams of butter and wait until the butter melted.
- Then add two bay leaves, four black peppercorns and four cloves, and wait a few seconds for temper.
- Now add 1 tsp of finely chopped garlic along with two chopped green chilli.
- Fry them for a few seconds, then add cubed onions, capsicums and diced carrots.
- Fry them for about 1-2 minutes and add 1 tsp of salt or according to your taste.
- Also, add 1/3 tsp of black pepper powder into it.
- Now decrease the heat into medium and add 350 ml of milk.
- Add 1/2 tsp of oregano along with 1/3 tsp of chilli flakes. Also, add 20 grams of processed cheese.
- Mix them well and gradually increase the flame to high.
- Wait till the milk starts bubbling.
- Now you can add sugar according to your taste. I prefer 1 tbsp according to current ingredients quantity.
- After that, add two large tablespoons of Amul Fresh Cream.
- Keep them boiling until all the cheese melted.
- Now add boiled pasta into the wok and mix.
- To make the gravy-like saucy, we add a mixture of cornflour and water. So, add 2 tsp of cornflour along with 2 tbsp of water and make a smooth mixture.
- Now add this mixture into the pasta and keep stirring.
- You can see the gravy become thicker.
- Add 2-3 crushed basil leaves and mix them a little.
- Your homemade White Sauce Pasta is ready. Serve immediately.
I think you may like these recipes:
- Chicken Drum Stick Recipe
- Zucchini Noodle Salad
- Chilli Chicken
- Veg Pizza Recipe
- Authentic Mexican Taco Recipes
- French Toast Recipe
If you like this article about Desi Style White Sauce Pasta Recipe, please share this with your friends on Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest. Also, you can subscribe to my blog to get all the latest articles first on your mobile.
SHARING IS CARING!
Did you like this recipe and make it later at home? SAVE this pin to your favorite board on Pinterest!