One of the most popular types of foods is lamb breast. Not only is this delicious, but it’s also easy to prepare. Here is an easy recipe that you can follow to produce a stunning grilled lamb breast at home.
Get the Best Ingredients
Any great meal starts with getting the best ingredients. This is especially important when it comes to choosing the right lamb. There are a few things that you should be looking for. First, you’ll need to look at the color. You want to choose something that will be brownish pink. You want to avoid anything that appears grey. You’ll also need to look at the texture of the meat. It should be fine-grained. It’s also a good idea to ask the butcher for a juicy cut of meat. This article goes into more depth about what you should be looking for.
Aside from the lamb meat, you’ll need a few other ingredients. These are:
- Olive oil
- Two tablespoons of salt
- One teaspoon of parsley
- Two teaspoons of rosemary
- One teaspoon of oregano
- Two teaspoons of sage
- One teaspoon of smoked paprika
- Two teaspoons of onion powder
Make the Lamb Rub
Much of the flavour in this recipe will come from the lamb rub. Thankfully, this is very simple to prepare. You’ll need to add the salt, parsley, rosemary, oregano, sage, smoked paprika, and onion powder to a bowl. Mix them until they are well-combined.
Applying the Lamb Rub
Once you have made the lamb rub, it’s time to put it onto the lamb. Before you do this, you should wash the lamb using cool water. Then, use a paper towel to gently pat it dry.
When it’s dry, you will need to lightly coat the lamb with olive oil. However, if you don’t like the gamey taste of this meat, you might be better off using sesame oil. You’ll usually need to use around two tablespoons of oil, though this can vary slightly depending on the size of the meat. Next, you’ll need to apply the lamb rub evenly. You want to make sure that every part of the surface has been coated. Once you’ve done this, it’s time to give the lamb some time to marinate. This will ensure that it absorbs the flavors from the rub. You’ll need to leave it for at least an hour. But, if possible, put it into the fridge overnight.
Grilling the Lamb Rub
Now comes the most important part of the process, cooking the lamb. Any grill will be able to cook the lamb. But it is recommended that you use a charcoal grill, as this will bring several benefits. You’ll be able to infuse smoke flavors, which other grills won’t be able to replicate. Plus, the meat will be juicer and more tender. If you want to experience this type of grilling for yourself, check out this list of electric indoor grills.
You’ll need to set up zoned cooking on your grill. To do this, pile most of the coals onto one side of the grill. This will make one half of the grill hotter than the other. You want to start by cooking on the lower-temperature side of the grill. Start by cooking it belly side down. After twenty minutes, flip it over.
After a further 20 minutes, it’s time to move it to the hotter side of the grill. Now it’s time to sear the meat. This will lock the juices inside the meat. This should be a fairly quick process. You will only need to do it for four to five minutes per side.
The best way to decide when it’s time to remove the lamb is by referring to the internal temperature. This will tell you how cooked it is. If you prefer to have it rare, you’ll need to aim for 140 degrees Fahrenheit or 60 degrees Celsius, and If you want to have it medium, you’ll want to get 160 degrees Fahrenheit or 71 degrees Celsius. If you want to have your lamb well done, you’ll need to reach 170 degrees Fahrenheit or 77 degrees Celsius.
Once you’ve finished cooking, it’s time to leave the lamb on the bench to rest. This will allow the juices to redistribute. It will only take around ten minutes.
Serve and Enjoy
Finally, it’s time to enjoy the product of your hard work. This lamb breast will make a great meal. There are plenty of excellent side dishes you can use to complement it. For example, you might want to make a salad. Or you can use some grilled herb potatoes, follow this recipe.
Lamb’s breast is one of the most beautiful cuts of meat. You don’t need to do a lot to cook it perfectly. Adding a simple rub is all that’s required to create a delicious meal. So, try this simple grilled lamb breast recipe today.
Lamb Breast Recipe
- Charcoal Grill
- Mixing Bowl
- Chopping Board
- 1 kg Lamb Breast
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 tsp Parsley chopped
- 2 tsp Rosemary
- 1 tsp Oregano
- 2 tsp Sage
- 1 tsp Paprika smoked
- 2 tsp Onion Powder
- Salt as per need
- You’ll need to add the salt, parsley, rosemary, oregano, sage, smoked paprika, and onion powder to a bowl.1 tsp Parsley, 2 tsp Rosemary, 1 tsp Oregano, 2 tsp Sage, 1 tsp Paprika, 2 tsp Onion Powder, Salt
- Mix them until they are well-combined.
- Wash the lamb using cool water. Then, use a paper towel to gently pat it dry.
- You will need to lightly coat the lamb with olive oil. However, if you don’t like the gamey taste of this meat, you might be better off using sesame oil.2 tbsp Olive oil
- Now apply the lamb rub evenly. Make sure that every part of the surface has been coated.1 kg Lamb Breast
- Once you’ve done this, it’s time to give the lamb some time to marinate. I need to prefer for at least 2 hours. But, if possible, put it into the fridge overnight.
- Setup the charcoal grill.
- Place the marinated lamb breast on the grill surface and start by cooking it belly side down.
- After twenty minutes, flip it over.
- After a further 20 minutes, it’s time to move it to the hotter side of the grill.
- Now it’s time to sear the meat. This will lock the juices inside the meat. This should be a fairly quick process.
- You will only need to do it for four to five minutes per side.
- Once you’ve finished cooking, it’s time to leave the lamb on the bench to rest for 10 minutes. This will allow the juices to redistribute.
- Now serve this with whatever you want. It should be a great meal.
Related Recipes You May Like:
Meals Under 200 Calories
High Protein Low Fat Recipes
Keto Lunch Recipes
Weight Watchers Dinner Recipes
Low Carb High Protein Recipes
Leftover Chicken Recipes
Weight Watchers Chicken Recipes
High Protein Lunch Recipes
If you like this article about East Lamb Breast Recipe for Meal Prep, please share this with your friends on Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest. Also, you can subscribe to my blog to get all the latest articles first on your mobile.
SHARING IS CARING!
FACEBOOK | TWITTER | PINTEREST
Did you like this recipe and make it later at home? SAVE this pin to your favourite board on Pinterest!
This is a sponsored guest post that “Teresa Fleming” produces. This post may contain authorized links that are not related to our site. For more details, please check out our Guest Post policy.