Everybody loves this soup; even you would fall in love with this soup after knowing the recipe because this homemade ‘Chicken and Rice Soup’ is extremely easy to make in a slow cooker. You can also make this in regular method, and I already mentioned them in this article.
Go through both recipe methods, and I can challenge this soup to be your perfect make-ahead meal for a busy week.
Can I make this Slow Cooker Chicken and Rice Soup without a Slow Cooker?
Yes, ofcourse you can. Without a slow cooker, this creamy chicken and rice soup can be prepared, and it would take significantly less time than a slow cooker. Check the recipe card to know the recipe.
What ingredients do you need to make this Creamy Chicken Soup without a Slow Cooker?
Elements remain the same, but we need to add some extra ingredients with it, like:
1 tsp of Olive Oil
1 tsp of Dried Parsley
Other ingredients are precisely the same as the slow cooker method.
Can I use leftover cooked chicken in this rice soup recipe?
Yes, you can use leftover chicken in this chicken soup recipe. Follow the recipe and swap the fresh chicken with leftover chicken, and you are good to go.
Can I use leftover cooked rice in this creamy chicken soup?
Sometimes leftover rice stays in our fridge, and we don’t know how to make it worthwhile. In that case, if you want to finish the leftover rice in your fridge, you can use it in this chicken soup.
Follow the recipe and continue the cooking process except for adding rice in it. When you need to thicken up the soup at the end of the recipe, add the pre-cooked rice.
Instant Pot Chicken Recipes
Meals Under 200 Calories
Keto Chicken Recipes
High Protein Lunch Recipes
Weight Watchers Chicken Recipes
Keto Soup Recipes
Macro Friendly Meal Prep Recipes
Keto Lunch Recipes
High Protein Dinner Recipes
Air Fryer Chicken Recipes
Slow Cooker Cream of Chicken and Rice Soup
- ½ cup Brown Rice long grain
- 500 grams Chicken Breast cut into 1 inch pieces
- 4 cup Chicken Broth
- 2 tbsp Celery diced
- 2 nos. Carrot peeled and sliced
- 2 spring Thyme
- 1 nos. Potato large (cut into cubes)
- 1 nos. Onion diced
- 2 clove Garlic
- ½ tsp Sea Salt
- ½ tsp Black Pepper powder
- ⅓ tsp Chilli Flakes
- 1 cup Milk
- 1 tbsp Cornstarch
Slow Cooker Method
- First, gather all the ingredients into the slow cooker. Just make sure do not include milk and cornstarch.
- Cover the lid and cook for 6 to 8 hours in low heat. It would be best if you cook until the chicken is cooked and all the vegetables are tenderized.
- After that, remove the lid of the cooker, add milk, and stir to combine all.
- Cook for 10 minutes more.
- You can see the soup is ready.
- If you want a little thicker consistency, add 2 tbsp of milk along with 1 tbsp of cornstarch mixture and cook about 10 minutes more.
- Take a large saucepan and heat with 1 tsp of olive oil.
- Now add chopped carrots, onion and celery and cook for about 3-4 minutes.
- Add chopped garlic, parsley and thyme and cook for about 1 minute.
- After that, add chicken broth along with salt, pepper and chicken.
- Add rice and stir gently. Cover the lid and bring it to a boil over medium heat.
- After a boil, reduce the heat to low and cook for 30 minutes more. Don't forget to stir occasionally.
- When you see the rice, vegetables and chicken are tenderized, remove the chicken from the pan and shred it. (The easiest method I ever see)
- Put them back to the saucepan, give a gentle mix and add evaporated milk.
- You can also add cornstarch to give it a more creamy texture.
- Serve it hot.
If you like this article about Creamy Chicken and Rice Soup Recipe, please share this with your friends on Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest. Also, you can subscribe to my blog to get all the latest articles first on your mobile.
SHARING IS CARING!
FACEBOOK | TWITTER | PINTEREST
Did you like this recipe and make it later at home? SAVE this pin to your favorite board on Pinterest!