Teriyaki Chicken Recipe! Teriyaki Chicken Broccoli Stir Fry is widely available in restaurants, but when you can make it at home, why order from a restaurant? This WW Teriyaki chicken and broccoli is made with teriyaki sauce and served with rice.
This is the recipe that can be served as lunch or dinner, and get ready within 30 minutes. With just a handful of ingredients, you can make this Weight Watchers-friendly Chicken & Broccoli Stir fry. Taste is just incredible and perfect for your diet. It can also be made in a Slow Cooker. So check out my Slow Cooker Teriyaki Chicken Recipe.
Green Smart Point – 8, Blue Smart Point – 5, & Purple Smart Point – 5
Teriyaki Chicken and Broccoli Recipe without readymade Teriyaki Sauce
This recipe is simple and easy to make at your own home. Now you don’t need to eat out to get good chicken recipes. Now you can make it for yourself whenever you want! This Korean teriyaki chicken recipe using bottled sauce is delicious. See below for exact material measurements.
Ingredients you need
For Homemade Teriyaki Sauce
- 2/3 cup Soy Sauce (Low Sodium)
- 1/2 cup of Water
- 3 tbsp of Brown Sugar – Brown sugar is preferred. But you can use light or dark brown sugar, although if not available, go with regular white sugar.
- 2 tbsp of Honey
- 3 tbsp of Rice Vinegar – For the Teriyaki Sauce recipe rice vinegar is preferred.
- 1/2 tsp of Ginger Powder
- 1/2 tsp of Garlic Powder – This sauce requires fresh garlic. Finely chop all the garlic or you can mince it. But I suggest using garlic powder.
- 4-5 tbsp of Olive Oil – You’ll use olive oil to cook the chicken before adding the sauce, and you’ll also need this oil while marinating the chicken.
- 1/2 tsp of Garlic Minced
- 500 grams of Chicken Breast (cut into bite sizes) – You can use chicken thighs or breasts for this recipe and I always use either one myself. But you can use any type of chicken you like, any type of chicken will work great for this recipe.
- Salt and Pepper as per taste – You can use them as per your choice during the chicken season. In fact, both of these are very important for this recipe, especially for the Teriyaki Chicken Marinade.
- 400 grams of broccoli (small florets)
- 1 nos. Red bell pepper (sliced)
- 1 tbsp of Soy Sauce – Although bottled teriyaki sauce and soy sauce are almost the same color, in this recipe I recommend using low-sodium soy sauce to make it a little healthier.
- 2 tbsp of Water
- 2 tbsp of cornstarch
Step by Step Recipe of Homemade WW Teriyaki Chicken and Broccoli Stir Fry
Preparation for the sauce first
Take a medium-size mixing bowl and gather all sauce ingredients like soy sauce, water, brown sugar, honey, ginger powder, garlic powder, and vinegar.
Make a smooth mixture and keep it aside.
Cook the chicken
- Heat a wok or frying pan with 4 tbsp of Olive oil.
- When the oil is hot enough, add chicken pieces with 1/2 tbsp of salt.
- After 2 minutes of frying, add broccoli florets along with bell peppers and continue cooking.
- Fry chicken until the color turns golden brown [10-12 minutes]. Then Put them out from the pan.
- Heat the same pan again with 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- Add 1/2 tsp of minced garlic and fry for few seconds until a pleasant aroma has come.
- Now add the sauce mixture into the pan and stir until the sauce starts bubbling.
- Add fried chicken, broccoli, and pepper into the pan again and saute for 1-2 minutes more.
- Teriyaki chicken and broccoli are ready now, but if you want the thick saucy consistency like the restaurant, follow the rest of my steps.
- In a small bowl, add 2 tbsp of cornstarch and 2 tbsp of water. Make a smooth mixture and add to the pan.
- Saute for 2-3 minutes more, and you can see the whole chicken become a thicker consistency.
- Serve immediately with some garnishing of roasted sesame seeds and chopped spring onions.
WW Teriyaki Chicken and Broccoli Stir Fry
- 4 tbsp Olive Oil
- 500 grams Chicken Breast cut into bite size
- 400 grams Broccoli trimmed and cut into small florets
- 1 nos. Red bell pepper sliced into strips
- 1 cup Teriyaki Sauce
- 4 cup Rice cooked white rice
- 1 tbsp Sesame Seeds
- 1 tbsp Spring Onion sliced
- Heat a frying pan over medium heat with olive oil.
- Add chicken pieces to the pan along with 1/2 tsp of salt and fry until they become golden brown.
- Now add the broccoli florets along with bell peppers to the pan. Add a little bit of salt and start frying.
- Cook them all until the brocolli and peppers are tenderized.
- Now increase heat and quickly add teriyaki sauce to the pan. Toss until chicken and broccoli are evenly coated. [Toss a minimum of 2 minutes]
- Serve with cooked rice and garnish with roasted sesame seeds and spring onions.
Some FAQ about Teriyaki Chicken :
Is Teriyaki Chicken Healthy?
While teriyaki chicken is delicious, it’s also a bit high in sodium. So notice that I mentioned using low-sodium soy sauce. You will find this recipe readily available at most Asian restaurants around the world.
High Protein Meal Prep Recipes
Air Fryer Weight Watchers Recipe
Keto Chicken Recipes
High Protein Vegan Recipes
Weight Watchers Chicken Recipes
Instant Pot Chicken Recipes
Meals Under 200 Calories
Weight Watchers Snacks
Baked Chicken Recipes
High Protein Slow Cooker Recipes
Weight Watchers Recipe
High Protein Low Fat Recipes
Leftover Chicken Recipes
If you like this article about WW Teriyaki Chicken and Broccoli Recipe, please share this with your friends on Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest. Also, you can subscribe to my blog to get all the latest articles first on your mobile.
SHARING IS CARING!
Did you like this recipe and make it later at home? SAVE this pin to your favourite board on Pinterest!