Vegetable Manchurian gravy without maida, veg Manchurian balls prepared with besan in replace of maida is very tasty. Vegetable Manchurian is an Indo Chinese delicacies recipe. That is a recipe model texture for Chinese language recipes with Indian flavors.
Gobi Manchurian recipe– A delicious vegetarian snack from Indo Chinese cuisine. This is one of the most popular Indo-Chinese Dishes which is on tren all over India and listed as my favorite too.
Generally, Gobi Manchurian will be made with Cauliflower or “Fulkopi”, but today I will make this with cabbage which is also called “Badhakopi” or “Bandhgobi”. So you call also called it Cabbage Manchurian.
The Dry version of this recipe can serve as a starter, and the gravy version can be served as a side dish. So it will go fine with any veg fried rice, noodles, Indian bread (Roomali Roti, Tandoori Roti, etc.), Jeera Rice, etc.
I know you might be a little confused or wondered to see the title of this recipe. But that’s true, this adding maida or all-purpose flour is can be a very vital part for many peoples who are very strict to maintain their food routine. Naturally, we use maida in every Manchurian to make the crispy coating balls and it also helps to bind the mixture.
But did you know, we can easily skip this all-purpose flour without changing the taste and texture of this recipe? Yes, we can omit the Maida and use Gram Flour (chickpea flour or Besan) instead.
Gram flour has its own vitamin, so your Manchurian will become healthier and I’ll take the responsibility of great taste.
So do not worry about how to make Manchurian without maida, this recipe is here for you. I will make the gravy version today, you can also make the dry version if you want.
The Vegetable Manchurian without maida is always good in taste and also good for health. So let’s see how to make this Veg Manchurian recipe –
- Restaurants Style Paneer Butter Masala Recipe Step by Step
- Mushroom Fry Recipe | Easy Mushroom Dry Recipes in Home
- Chilli Chicken Recipe – Easy Making Guide from Crispyfoodidea
- Keto Creamy Broccoli Cheddar Soup
- Easy Egg Devil Recipe Indian Style
- Veg Biryani Recipe
Vegetable Manchurian Gravy without maida(Flour)
For Manchurian Balls:
- 2 cups Grated cabbage
- 1/4 cup Besan (chickpea flour)
- 1 tbsp Green chili finely chopped
- 1 tbsp Ginger chopped
- Salt as per taste
- 1 cup Diced vegetables Onion, capsicum
- 300 ml Water
- 2 tbsp Capsicum
- Spring onion chopped
- 2 tbsp corn flour
- 1/2 tbsp Black Pepper powder
- 1 pcs Onion medium (finely chopped)
- 2-4 pcs Spring Onions & green finely finely chopped
- 6-7 clove Garlic finely chopped
- 2 pcs Green Chilli slit
- 2 tbsp Soya Sauce
- 1 tbsp Vinegar
- 5 tbsp Red Chilli Sauce
- 5 tbsp Pepper powder
- 3 tbsp Tomato Sauce/ketchup
- 1 tbsp Red chili powder
- 1 tbap Cornflour
- 1 cup Water Vegetable Stock
- 1 tbsp Oil
- Salt as per taste
To prepare Vegetable Manchurian balls:
- Take the finely chopped or grated veggies in a bowl.
- You’ll want 2 cups grated cabbage, 1 tsp green chili finely chopped, 1 cup chopped onion, 2 cups finely chopped capsicum, 1 cup chopped the carrot. You could also upload spring onion.
- Then add the dry ingredients- 1/4 cup besan (chickpea flour), 2 tbsp corn flour, half of tsp Black Pepper powder, add salt if needed.
- Mix and gather the complete combination together. Then type of blend and knead so that the veggies go away water and also you get a dough like a mixture.
- Then take some a small part of the mixture of your hands.
- Press and roll it in your palm and make a vegetable ball your own.
- Make same sized small balls and arrange in a plate and preserve aside.
Frying Vegetable Manchurian ball:
- Heat Kadai with oil sufficient for deep frying.
- Once the oil is warm, lightly area Manchurian balls inside the warm oil. The oil must be medium hot. An excessive amount of heat and the balls might be browned from the top and raw from the interior. Less hot oil will make the balls soak up too much oil.
- While cooking from one facet, turn the balls with a slotted spoon.
- Fry the balls until crisp and golden.
- Cast off them with a slotted spoon.
- Drain in paper towel and reserve aside.
To prepare Vegetable Manchurian gravy
- Whisk cornflour in 1/4-1/2 cup of water till it dissolves and no lumps are formed. Keep aside.
- Heat oil in a large wok. When the oil is piping hot, throw in garlic, green chili, and onion. Saute for 2 -3 mins till lightly brown. The flame should be high in this process.
- Simmer the flame. Add all the sauces 1 by 1. Add salt, red chili powder, and cornflour-water mixture. Mix well. If you feel, you can add a few more tbsps of water. Cook for 2-3 minutes, let it boil so that sauce consistency is obtained. The Manchurian sauce is ready. The sauce should not be too thin or thick. ( IF YOU WANT TO MAKE DRY VERSION, REFER NOTE 1 )
- Once it thickens, you can add spring onions and fried Manchurian balls. Cook for 2mins for the balls to absorb sauce well.
- Serve hot Veg Manchurian as a starter with fried rice/rice.
- If you need dry Veg Manchurian, then lessen the cornflour amount. Upload only a tsp of cornflour. Dissolve in a few tsp of water. Don’t upload greater water.
- To cut oil, u can shallow fry veggie balls in appe pan with few drops of oil.
- If the water amount within the combined greens is more, sprinkle little cornflour/rice flour. It’s going to soak up more water.
- Fry the veg balls handiest in low medium heat, if they may be fried on high heat, then the outside can be cooked and the interior might be now not cooked giving an uncooked flavor.
- Regulate chili sauce and soy sauce consistent with your taste. You can additionally add slit inexperienced chilies if you like it spicy.
- I advise using a julienne grater instead of a very high-quality grater as grated cabbage leaves out water. The use of a large-holed grater helps in controlling the water content material.
- Blend, make and cook the balls soon, do now not make and hold because it will omit the water.
- Make small balls in any other case inside of the balls won’t be cooked.
- For thicker gravy, boil for a further minute.
- For greater rich flavor and taste, use maggie hot and sweet sauce. This will decorate the color of Veg Manchurian Gravy.
Refer to read:
Some Recipe Tips:
- Be careful while adding salt, because their many steps to add salt or if you want to skip that adding salt multiple steps.
- If you do not want to add sauces, replace the tomato sauce with pureed tomatoes and just omit soy sauce and add little vinegar.
- Adding cornflour if for crispness.
- Use fresh, green, and tender cauliflower to make the best Gobi Manchurian or Veg Manchurian.
- 5. For making a more crispy Dry Manchurian, you have to add cornflour to the batter when you fry those gobi or cauliflower. Adding more cornflour makes the shape beautiful also holds the shape of the cauliflower or gobi.
Related: Cauliflower Rice Recipe
New trending Recipes!
- Restaurant Style Chicken Butter Murgh Makhani
- New Year’s Day 15 Brunch Ideas
- Fig Jam Appetizers Recipes
- Honey Garlic BBQ Chicken
- Side Dishes For Roasted Shrimp For Dinner
- Mother’s Day Dinner Recipes
- Plant-Based Meals
- Healthy Vegetarian Recipes
I think I will discuss my level best. So try this recipe at your home tonight to surprise your family with Vegetable Manchurian Gravy. If you think of anything update in this recipe please let me know, I will update that soon. Or if you know another process to make this recipe let me know by the comment. Don’t forget to share this recipe with your family and friends so that they will know more about that recipe and make it as well!
SAVE THIS RECIPE NOW! CATCH ME ON PINTEREST!
Some Common FAQ
Q. How to Serve Cauliflower Manchurian?
A. This crispy gobi Manchurian can be served as a starter with a drink (like any kind of mojito) or as a side dish too. Gobi Manchurian with noodles or fried rice or with plain rice or pulao or tandoori roti is a wonderful combo.
Q. Can You Make Gobi Manchurian Without Maida?
A. Yaaah! Sure, why not? This recipe is made without maida, to make Gobi Manchurian without maida you can easily use wheat flour or chickpea flour. There may be slight differences in taste but surely healthier. Try this recipe without maida now!
Q. Is Gobi Manchurian Vegan and Gluten Free?
A. This Gobi Manchurian is totally vegan but not gluten-free as we use all-purpose flour. But if you can skip plain flour or maida and replace this maida with gram flour or corn flour or chickpea flour, then it will gluten-free version. The choice is totally up to you.