This mushroom stew is a super tasty and easy one-pot meal ready in less than 30 minutes. It is low in fat and gluten-free, so you no need to worry about taking this strew along with quinoa, mashed potatoes, or pasta.
What Kind of Mushrooms Can I Use in This Mushroom Stew?
You can use any kind of mushroom that you like, but I prefer to use chestnut/cremini mushrooms to make this.
Can I Add More Veg or Beans to This Stew Recipe?
Ofcourse you can add more veggies like sweet potatoes, regular potatoes, beans, chickpea, etc. This mushroom stew tastes good with any kind of veggies because this is very versatile.
Low-Fat & Gluten-Free Mushroom Stew [114 kcal]
How to Make This Mushroom Stew Gluten-Free?
In this recipe, I already mentioned the gluten-free process. Although people like to add refined flour to make the thick creamy texture in this recipe, I suggest adding cornstarch to make it gluten-free. Also, use Tamari Sauce instead of soy sauce.
Related: Keto Mushroom Recipes
Mushroom Stew Recipe
- Saute Pan
- 450 grams Mushroom sliced
- 1 tbsp Vegetable oil
- 1 nos. Onion diced
- 2 nos. Carrot diced
- 2 clove Garlic minced
- 3 nos. Tomato diced
- Salt as per required
- 1½ cup Vegetable Stock
- 1 tsp Sugar optional
- 1 tbsp Tamari Sauce
- 1 tsp Oregano
- 1 tbsp Cornstarch
- 1 tbsp Parsley for garnishing
- First, we need to chop all tha vegetables like – Mushrooms, onion, carrot, and garlic.
- Heat a saute pan or saucepan with 1 tbsp of vegetable oil on medium heat.
- Add diced onion and cook until it becomes golden brown and soft.
- Now add minced garlic along with diced carrots and cook for few minutes.
- When you get a nice fragrance, add chopped tomatoes along with sliced mushrooms.
- Add the required amount of salt and saute for few minutes.
- When you see the tomato becomes a little bit soft or mushy, add vegetable stock and cover the pan with the lid and leave it to cook for 5 minutes more.
- After that, open the lid; if you see the mushrooms become soft, it's the perfect time to add soy sauce. [I prefer to use Tamari Sauce, because it's gluten-free.]
- Also, add cornstarch and any of your preferred herb like oregano into the pan and give a gentle mix.
- Cook for additional 5 minutes until everything is perfectly cooked and softened.
- Adjust the taste of stew with seasoning, salt, and sugar as per our preference.
- Serve hot with fresh parsley garnishing.
This is the process, and if you follow, your mushroom stew becomes like the image below, and it’s very tasty.
So far, the recipe you were reading was a mushroom recipe made by measuring enough calories and fat. However, even after maintaining everything properly, the recipe’s taste is quite good, and it is a recipe made in 200 calories in which the amount of fat is quite low. So, it is low fat, low calorie, and a proper meal for everyone.
Check out these awesome Recipes:
- Bottle Gourd Dumplings in Indian Curry | Lauki ka Kofta
- Restaurant Style Shahi Chole Recipe
- Bengali Radhaballavi Recipe
- Restaurant-Style Paneer Tikka Recipe
- Dal Butter Fry Recipe
But we are the slaves of habit; if the food is not good to see, there is not enough taste and rich in it, we do not like it. So we can upgrade the recipe above to make restaurant-style mushroom strew.
Here is another method to make this simple mushroom strew recipe like restaurant-style and full of richness.
Creamy Rich Mushroom Stew
- 1 tbsp Coconut Oil
- 200 grams Mushroom
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Sugar
- 10 nos. Curry Leaves
- ½ cup Onion fiely chopped
- 1 nos. Tomato chopped
- 16 clove Garlic
- ½ inch Ginger
- 4 nos. Green Chillies
- 2 nos. Clove
- 1 nos. Cardamom
- 1 tsp Fennel Seeds
White Creamy Paste
- 12 nos. Cashew
- ⅓ cup Coconut shredded
- 2 tbsp Poppy Seeds
- We need to make two kinds of paste for this recipe. One is spice paste, and the second is a creamy white paste for great taste, texture, and taste.
- Take a tomato, green chili, ginger, garlic, fennel seeds, cardamom, cloves, and cinnamon together into a grinder and make a smooth paste. You can also add 1/2 cup of water if you need to make this spice paste.
- Take soaked cashew, shredded coconut, and white poppy seeds into the grinder and make a smooth paste.
- Take both pastes into a separate bowl and keep them aside.
- Heat a saucepan with coconut oil.
- When the oil is heated enough, add fresh curry leaves and let it few seconds for a temper.
- Now add chopped onions and fry until the onions become golden brown and soft.
- Now add the 1st spice paste into the pan and add the required amount of salt into it.
- Saute it for 5-8 minutes until you see the spice paste starts to release oil. Keep remember saute process must be done on medium heat.
- Now add sliced mushroom into the pan san continue to stir and cook for about 5 minutes.
- After that, add the second white creamy paste into the pan and continue the saute process.
- Mix everything well and saute for about 5-10 minutes or until the mixture starts to release oil. [This is an essential process to make the mushroom strew taste awesome.]
- Add 1/2 cup of water into the curry along with sugar and your favorite herb like oregano.
- Let the curry simmer for about 5 minutes more and taste it once to check. You can also adjust the taste by adding salt, seasoning, and sugar.
- Serve it hot with some green garnishing.
Here is another Indian Style Mushroom Stew Recipe that I found on YouTube. Check this Video:
You already understand this is a very versatile recipe, and you can make this recipe in various ways. So do not overthink and make it today. By the way, don’t forget to share the favorite chick of your preparation with us on Instagram with #crispyfoodidea and #foodhakka.
You may like these recipes:
- Baked Apple Chips Recipe
- Low-Carb Keto Vegetable Soup Recipe
- Homemade Soft Corn Tortilla Recipe
- Creamy White Sauce Pasta Recipe
- Slow Cooker Vegetable and Bean Soup Recipe
If you like this article about Mushroom Stew Recipe, please share this with your friends on Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest. Also, you can subscribe to my blog to get all the latest articles first on your mobile.
SHARING IS CARING!
FACEBOOK | TWITTER | PINTEREST
Did you like this recipe and make it later at home? SAVE this pin to your favorite board on Pinterest!
2 thoughts on “Vegan Mushroom Stew Recipe | Easy Meal Under 200 Calories”
What is “nos.” ? I like in the US and I tried looking up metric conversions, but was unsuccessful locating nos.
It is actually short of “Numbers”. I like to use it in my articles. You can click the link give to the next here for more details about this metric.
NOS. – https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/nos